Breaking News
recent

Mezut Ozil Champions League Interview






Interview after the jump :)




Mesut Ozil is about to take part in his first ever Champions League knockout stage. The Germany player talked about the upcoming tie with Olympique Lyonnais and his quick adaptation to the team.
You’ll face Olympique Lyonnais in the Champions League. You must be excited to play the game…

We all expect the game to be difficult, but we want to win, and we know we can. I expect us to be successful.
Which Lyon players worry you the most?

I’ve been watching their games and they actually worry me as a team. They are very good and they’ve lately been reaching the Champions League quarterfinals. It’s clear they will make things difficult for us, but we want to defeat them.

How has the squad discussed the game?
The squad thinks about winning titles, but we have to take things slowly and play one game at a time. We have to eliminate Olympique Lyonnais because we want to reach the Wembley Stadium final.

It is expected the return leg to be a magical Champions League evening at the Bernabeu. Have people told you about them?

Yes. The Bernabeu is well known for its magical football events. The stadium has hosted many spectacular games.

I guess you want to take part in many…

I am anxious to.

What’s the secret to winning every home game?

It’s hard for visitors to face Real Madrid. We are a powerful team capable of achieving lots of things. We hardly drop points and we are strong at home.

You scored your first Champions League goal against Milan at the Bernabeu. You celebrated in a special way. What did you feel?

It was incredible to score my first Champions League goal. I was lucky to catch that clearance. I didn’t care how nice my goal was because it was my first in the European Cup.

You kissed the crest after scoring against Sevilla in the Copa del Rey

I did. I feel very much connected to this club. I’m part of this team and I wanted to express my happiness for being here. I hadn’t planned it. I was a spur of the moment thing. It is always incredible to score, no matter where you are, but it is even more special when you do so at home before the Bernabeu crowd. The stadium makes me feel fantastically well.

Are La Liga and the Bundesliga very different?

They are completely different. German football has many small teams that have to fight very hard. Small teams in Spain make things harder for bigger sides. They are two of the best league championships around, but I’ve noticed it doesn’t really matter who you play against over here: every team has good touch on ball.

Your adaptation to Spain has been magnificent…

Every player on the squad has treated me incredibly well. We all help each other out. We’ve all become good friends and we feel like a great family. We communicate in different languages: sometimes in English, others in Spanish. My team-mates are allowing this to be a magnificent experience for me.

You are scoring several goals. You’ve already reached your best personal mark half-way through the season, which was netting 9 strikes for Werder Bremen last year.

What’s more important is that the team and I are working well. I came to Madrid to improve on my game and to become a better footballer. I’m on the right path, but there is much I yet have to achieve. I am willing to work very hard to achieve as much as I can. I dedicate a lot of time to this and I hope it all continues to go well. I always want to train with the team because we have a lot of fun. I can’t wait to arrive at Real Madrid City every morning. We always have a good time, just like in a family.

Mourinho is the father of this family. How is he on a daily basis?

He devotes all his energy and hard work on the job. The team means everything to him and he does everything he can to help each player. He is also very funny. He focuses a lot on tactics and makes training fun for us.

What’s the first thing that goes through your mind when you hear the coach say you’ve won over the hearts of Madridistas?

My challenge to myself is to always be in top form for this team. I want to continue to grow as a player. The coach is doing a great job. He helps us and always has time to talk to us.

You and Ronaldo understand each other perfectly on the pitch…

Ronaldo moves very quickly on the pitch and he’s always well positioned to receive the ball. He makes it easy for me. He scores with ease.

You also work well with Kaka. Is that another option Mourinho has?

The coach decides who plays and when and where they do so. It is clear Kaka and I work well together. He is a class footballer and I am delighted to play with him.

What do you hope to achieve this season?

I want to continue to work hard and to develop my skills. I hope to stay healthy and in top form. Naturally, I would also want to win titles.

admin

admin

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015